It's back to the homework - all in stockinette stitch and no color. Certainly a big change from rainbow Kauni.
After double checking my body measurements, swatch gauge and pattern, I decided to do some re-drafting. As you can see I didn't finish filling in the details before starting to knit. I'll finish it later.
Sorry for the bad photo but this pattern is hard to photograph. The lines are drawn with a .3 drafting pencil and the light on my porch was not so good. If you click on the photo you might be able to make out some of the details.
We were told to start off with a provisional cast-on using a crochet chain made from red nylon waste string that Jean provided. I then proceeded to knit to the waist line, decreasing five stitches on each side. Once I reached the waist I knit straight (no increases or decreases) to the bust. This vest should fit comfortably around my large hips but also accommodate my proportionally smaller bust.