Gosh, as each week passes I never seem to accomplish as much as I had hoped. This week I was aiming to have one or more garment pieces finished but have instead just finished drafting the pattern and casting on the first piece. At least I can say I've decided on the final details.
Most of the garment will be in plain old stockinette except for the ribbing and collar which will be in mistaken rib. All very easy to accomplish in a limited time frame. The collar is going to be the challenging part.
It's so sad that this wonderful yarn has been discontinued. While knitting the stockinette swatch I started dreaming about incorporating cables into my design but gave up that effort a few days ago. The clock is ticking. It's time to get started in earnest with our final class is only six weeks away.
Really the one true difficulty I've have with this class is coming up with ideas. I'm perpetually wishing, "if I only had more time". Honestly I look forward to getting back to knitting on my own schedule, letting ideas evolve naturally. Hey wait! Come to think of it, most of my knitting ideas never really did evolve into full blown projects. Perhaps that's because I had no deadlines. That's partly true but also I didn't have the pattern drafting skills that I have today.